By visiting the Care Oncology Clinic website or the Care Oncology Clinic you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What information will we collect about you?
We will collect personal data that you provide to us when you attend our clinic or by filling in forms on our website.
We will also collect information about your use of our website. Please see the section titled ‘cookies’ below for more details. We will collect other information about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views) in a way which does not identify you.
How will we use the information we collect about you?
We use the information that we collect to better understand your needs and provide you with a good service. In particular, we will use your personal data to:
- provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- contact you about a request/enquiry you have made with us, for example requesting an appointment with a consultant;
- communicate with your healthcare providers;
- provide you with information you may have requested, for example a letter for your doctor;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- notify you about changes to our service ;
We may anonymise your personal data and use such anonymised data to:
- conduct research and analysis;
- provide to third parties for the purposes of conducting research and producing reports; and
- evaluate and improve our business .
Who might we share your personal data with?
We will never share your personal data with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes. As stated above, we may share anonymised data with third parties for the purposes of anonymising it and then conducting research and analysis.
We may share your personal data with selected third parties including:
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or with them for your benefit. For example, medical details you send to us electronically for assessment of your condition, arrangement of appointment or any other purpose may be transmitted to Consultants with admitting rights at Care Oncology Clinic for their professional opinion;
- Prospective purchasers of our business, so that you may continue receiving a seamless service from the Care Oncology Clinic;
- Those who we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data with in order to comply with any legal obligation or for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How long do we keep your data for?
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We will retain your data for a maximum of 7 years after your account is closed.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. You should familiarise yourself with the privacy statement applicable to the website in question before use.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to access the information that we hold about you.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Data Protection Queries
40 Harley Street
Please note that any request for access to your information may be subject to a fee which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested.
Correcting your personal information
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us using the address above or email us at email@example.com . We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A “cookie” is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
Our website uses “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it and help us to improve the way our website works. You can find more information about the three cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the list below:
“Google Analytics” enables us to:
- recognise you when you return to our site and track the pages you visit;
- estimate our audience size; and
- monitor traffic levels and search queries.
Cookies do not harm your computer and do not enable us or any third party to view any information on your computer’s hard drive. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 23 days.
This policy was last updated on 11 November 2013.